We encourage all members who have access to a computer or a smartphone to register their account in SmartHub (our web and , but we also understand some members prefer to make their payments over the phone. Here are some tips for how to make that experience as smooth as possible:
1. Dial 833-890-9512
SCEC staff no longer accept payments over the phone.
· This number goes directly to a line dedicated to SCEC’s 24-7 Secure Pay Pay-by-Phone automated system
· The Secure Pay number can be found near the top of your paper bill, at the bottom of your Bill Available email notification and near the top of every page on our website scecnet.net. (See attached examples.)
· SCEC moved to the automated system to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. These worldwide requirements are designed to help companies that process such payments prevent credit card fraud through increased data controls. Moving to this system ensures our continued ability to accept debit and credit card payments.
2. Keep SCEC updated with your most current contact information
Our Call Capture technology recognizes your phone number and automatically accesses your account when you call – but only if the phone number from which you are calling is on your account within our billing system! (If it is NOT on your account, you will be required to enter your account number to make a payment.)
There are several ways you can update your Contact Information with us:
· SmartHub, our online portal and mobile app:
o Web: From Home choose Manage Contacts on the Notifications dropdown menu. There you can Add, Delete or Edit E-Mail and Phone Contacts.
o App: From Home choose … More, then Settings, then Contact Methods. There you can ADD NEW CONTACT METHOD of Phone or Email, EDIT CONTACTS by choosing from the VERIFIED CONTACTS list or Delete from VERIFIED METHODS by swiping left.
o As long as you’re in SmartHub, you might as well make your payment there rather than calling … it’s more convenient and efficient! Bonus: Any Payment Method stored using the Secure Pay phone system is also there to use in SmartHub – and vice versa.
· Online at scecnet.net:
o Web: Click on Update My Contact Information in upper left corner of any page
o Mobile: Scroll down to bottom to find Update My Contact Information under Quick Links
o The above locations will be slightly different on the new version of our website, which is under construction.
· Call 715-796-7000 during regular business hours, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
3. A 4-digit Personal Identification Number is required to make payments.
· The first time you choose to make a payment using our Secure Pay automated phone system, you will be prompted to: “Please enter a desired 4-digit Personal Identification Number that will be required in order to make future payments.” This prompt means you DO NOT have a PIN on file with us, and you are free to create a PIN using any digits you desire.
· To make subsequent payments you will hear the prompt “Please enter your 4-digit Personal Identification Number.” This means you DO have a PIN on file with us. If you don’t remember creating one, try the last four digits of the main account holder's Social Security Number.
· When you enter an incorrect PIN you will hear “I am sorry but the Personal Identification Number you entered does not match our records,” followed by two choices:
o “To reenter your Personal Identification Number, Press 1.”
o “If you have forgotten your Personal Identification Number and wish to create a new Personal Identification Number, Press 2.”