NOW HIRING: Plant Accountant / Analyst
St. Croix Electric Cooperative, a distribution cooperative headquartered in Hammond, Wis., is seeking an experienced professional to join the Financial Team as a Plant Accountant / Analyst. SCEC serves a fast-growing area in western Wisconsin abutting the St. Croix River to the west along the Wisconsin/Minnesota border.
Position Summary: The Plant Accountant accurately manages the processing of construction and retirement work orders, along with maintaining the recording of deposits and bank reconciliations in order to produce timely financial statements.
- Required: Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, paired with experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Advanced degree or CPA license
- Two years of work experience in an accounting role
- Knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting, and general accounting practices
- Five years of work experience in an accounting and/or finance role
- Specific experience in a rural utility cooperative
SCEC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Deadline: Friday, Jan. 28, 2022
SCEC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.