St. Croix Electric Cooperative is here to help all our members #PowerOn, so here are some things to know about your bill:
· You are paying for the previous month’s usage. The period can be found in the Meter section on the left side of your bill.
· Bills and Bill Notifications are sent on the Billing Date, which is the first business day of the month.
· The Due Date is 15 days from the Billing Date. However, if the 15th day falls on a weekend, the Due Date will be the following Monday.
· If the total Amount Due is not received on or before the Due Date, a Forfeited Discount is applied.
o If you are paying at co-op office, payment must be received by close of business on the Due Date.
o If you are paying by mail, payment must be physically received in PO Box by close of business on the Due Date. The co-op is not responsible for delays in mail delivery.
o If you are paying online or automated phone system, the transaction must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on the Due Date.
· The Forfeited Discount is 3% of the Total Current Due and will appear on the following month’s bill.
· The first Past Due Notice is on the subsequent billing statement as Balance Forward. On Bill Available Notifications sent via email this appears as Past Due Amount.
· A minimum of eight (8) calendar days prior to the disruption of service, the Final Disconnection Notice will be sent by mail to each customer whose Balance Forward / Past Due amount remains unpaid.
· A minimum of 72 hours prior to the disruption an automated phone call will be made to the Primary Number on the account, advising the customer of pending service disruption. Please verify your Primary Number with us by calling 715-796-7000 during business hours or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· When your power is disrupted, additional charges will apply to restore service. Payment in full – total Amount Due on your account at the time of disruption PLUS any additional charges – is required before service will be restored.
Tips for Avoiding Service Disruption
Sign up for Auto Pay. Never miss a Due Date – have your payment automatically withdrawn using either a bank account or a credit/debit card:
- Log in to (or register) your account in SmartHub – either online or on the app and under “Billing & Payments” (Bill & Pay on the app) choose “Auto Pay Program.”
- Call in to our Secure Pay Automated Phone Line – 833-890-9512 – and choose Option Five: “To add, edit, or cancel your existing credit card or bank account autopay information, press five.”
- BANK ACCOUNT ONLY: Check the appropriate boxes on the front of the remittance slip on your paper bill, check, read and sign and date the back and submit with your next payment by check.
Pay your bill using SmartHub, our Secure Pay Automated Phone Line or use our dropbox located on the southeast side of our driveway at 1925 Ridgeway Street in Hammond. Once you deposit your payment in a mailbox, neither you nor us have control over when it arrives.
Contact US before we contact YOU about your Past Due bill. It’s not always easy to ask for help but sometimes you need it. We are committed to #PowerOn with our SCEC community and assist where we can.
- Payment Arrangements can be made by contacting the Billing Coordinator during regular business hours at 715-796-5603 PRIOR to disruption in service.
- SCEC has a list of Community Assistance Resources. More information can be found online under Rebates & Programs at scecnet.net, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 715-796 -7000 Option 4 during regular business hours.