Commitment to Community Grants
Complete this online form and click the "Submit" button, or print a PDF of the application and mail the completed form to the Cooperative office in Hammond.
The mission of the Commitment to Community grant program is to demonstrate our cooperative values and local commitment to service by helping others in serving the unmet humanitarian, social and educational needs within our general service area.
Deadlines for 2020:
1st Session: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
2nd Session: Monday, Oct. 25, 2020
Questions can be directed to the Communications department at 715-796-5613 or email@example.com .
Each application will be reviewed and considered on its individual merits. The funds available and the number of grant applications received may impact the amount of the grant awards and the number of applications funded. Grant awards shall not exceed $500 per organization per calendar year. Grant applications reviewed by members of the SCEC Board of Directors twice each year at their June and November meetings.
Unfunded grant requests may be resubmitted. The primary purpose of this program is to fund social, humanitarian and educational needs.
The following general guidelines have been adopted by the Board of Directors:
- Grant applications eligible for funding will result in a humanitarian, social or educational benefit / outcome.
- Grant funds will not be awarded to organizations or individual applicants where the use of the funds will be primarily for the benefit of one person.
- Grant funds may be used in support of programs or people outside of the Cooperative’s service area, but the ultimate benefit from the expenditure must occur at the local level and within the Cooperative’s general service area.
- Churches, organizations, or groups organized under the sponsorship of a religious group or church are not eligible to receive grant awards.
- Groups primarily organized for hunting, fishing, preserving, or creating wildlife habitat and / or for the care of animals are not eligible to receive grant funds.
- Grant funds shall not be awarded for any political purpose.
- Payment of grant awards will be by check, made payable to the entity making application for the grant. Grant awards will not be payable to any person or persons.