Welcome to St. Croix Electric Cooperative! We appreciate your membership and encourage you to take advantage of the many benefits of belonging to an electric cooperative
- Energy efficient electric heat products
- A discount on a new electric water heater
- Rebates for qualifying energy efficient purchases
- Load management programs
- Online bill pay via Bill4U once your membership/account are established.
**If you are moving into an existing home or purchasing property with service already installed, click here.**
Please stay in contact with St. Croix Electric (Construction Services) as you plan your new home or develop your new service. If using a contractor, please check with them before completing a membership application. Some local contractors handle the application process on your behalf.
1. Fill out a membership application. Current members must still complete a membership application for a new service. New membership applications are subject to identity verification and credit risk assessment (details on pg. 1 of the application form). Members may also call St. Croix Electric Co-op at 715-796-7000.
New home or facility: You will be required to submit a $5 member fee and a $350 new service fee at the time of application ($5 fee is not necessary if you are already a member). The new service fee includes your permanent meter socket (320 amp or 200 amp).
2. Call the Cooperative at 715-796-7000 or 800-924-3407 within two weeks of submitting your application. We will talk with you about your schedule, arrange to meet with an engineering technician at your site, determine any additional construction costs and arrange for temporary service, if necessary. The fee for a temporary service is an additional $400 + tax.
Submitting a site plan with your application may expedite energizing the service.
3. Pick-up a permanent meter socket at our office (1925 Ridgeway St., Hammond, WI). It is the member's responsibility to arrange for the building inspector (click here for an inspection certificate or utilize the certificate on the meter socket box). St. Croix Electric Co-op will send the member a construction cost estimate and information on incentive programs.
- If you are using your own meter socket, it must have a lever bypass.
4. Complete these site preparation steps before calling SCEC to install your service:
Attach the meter socket to a permanent structure at the height of five feet (5'). Please contact us when this step is complete.
Install two, eight-foot (8') copper clad ground rods (minimum 1/2” diameter).
Run wire from the main circuit breaker in the electrical panel to the meter socket.
Arrange for the building inspector to inspect the electrical system and complete an inspection certificate.
Clear the electric cable route of any obstructions.
Level the ground to grade where cable is to be installed.
Complete an Easement Form, if necessary.
5. Call the office to schedule a date for installation of service. Call Diggers Hotline at 811 or 800-242-8511 to ensure all utilities are marked prior to SCEC installing the service. There is no charge to have utility-owned lines marked and SCEC is not liable for damages to unmarked facilities.
1. Fill out a membership application. Current members must still complete a membership application for the service they are adding. Membership applications from new members are subject to identity verification and credit risk assessment (details on pg. 1 of the application form). Members may also call St. Croix Electric at 715-796-7000.
Existing home or facility: You will be required to pay a $20 change-over fee plus your $5 membership fee ($5 fee is not necessary if you are already a member). Fill out the application and mail payment to St. Croix Electric Cooperative. Additional deposits may be required, depending on credit assessment results.