Commitment to Community Grant awards announced
At their November 2018 meeting, St. Croix Electric Cooperative’s (SCEC) Board of Directors allocated $7,005 to 19 local organizations via its Commitment to Community grant program.
Enacting the seventh Cooperative Principle of Concern for Community, the amount awarded through the program each year in the past was $12,700. Beginning with this first cycle in 2018, funds collected via Community Cents in 2017 were added to the Commitment to Community Grant distribution, providing an additional $613.
Applications are reviewed twice each year (June and November). Organizations can receive up to $500 in a 12-month period.
The November grant recipients are:
- Baldwin-Woodville Band Boosters
- Baldwin Senior Center
- Basics for Local Kids Inc.
- Boy Scout Troop 161
- Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley
- Five Loaves Food and Clothing
- Friends of the St. Croix County Fairgrounds
- Moms and Dads Against Meth, Inc.
- New Richmond Community Education
- Quilts for Kids & Families
- Red Cedar Special Olympics
- St. Anne Catholic School
- St. Croix Central Community Education
- St. Croix County Parks
- St. Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity – ReStore
- St. Joseph Fire Department
- United Fund – Town of Troy
- Woodville Senior Center
- Wright Path, Ltd.
Applications for Cycle 1 2019 review are available: